KRS Internship Programme 2016
January welcomed 14 bright new minds into the KRS family with the commencement of our 2016 internship programme. The biggest intake to date, these young men and women come from across the country to be on our intense boot-camp over a seven-week period.
Bridging the gap between tertiary education and what is required ‘on the job’, the KRS Academy immerses these candidates in real world situations, equipping them with the skills necessary to perform. The interns work with Agile methodologies to continually improve their abilities to develop better software and to function as part of a team. Technically, we cover the following skills:
- Scrum Training – overview of the process and practical implementation for three sprints
- TDD – Test Driven Development with a focus on Test First principles
- DDD – Domain Driven Design – a focus on understanding Entities, Value Objects and Aggregates
- A deep dive into SQL with stored procedures including joining tables and normalization
- Connection from C# to SQL using an Object Relational Mapper called Dapper
- OWIN Self Hosted Web API 2 – the backend web API
- Single Page Application (SPA) which is responsive and has the following frameworks: Bootstrap, Knockout, jQuery written in TypeScript.
It’s an intensive programme, and it takes developers with a true aptitude for development to cope. At the end of the Bootcamp, interns join project teams at KRS and at partner companies. We really try hard to place all successful graduates and would like to encourage our readers who have a requirement to get in contact with Barbara Mackay at KRS.